Monday, October 05, 2009

A Little Bit of Home


I miss football! It has been a part of my life in America! Poland has no idea how wonderful the game is! Slowly but surly I am trying to introduce my neighbors to this American past time!

Yesterday the Broncos played the Cowboys and won! What was even more wonderful was that I got to watch the game LIVE with my family! They were in Denver and I was sitting in my flat in Poland! We were able to watch the game together (except for my bro, Bill. He got to go to the game, the bum :) ) as if we were in the same room. There was a two second delay in their game feed so I saw everything before them. It was fun to just sit there and talk about the game with my dad. Something I miss. How did we do it? Well, it turns out that ESPN has an international cable station and the games are live on Sundays and Mondays. That means though I had to stay up until 1:30am but the game was well worth it!! Thank you Broncos for making the game so exciting! I hope to see more games, but the Broncos are not on the "gotta see" list. The only reason why their game was on was because of the "Almighty" Dallas Cowboys. Broncos 4-0 and still NO RESPECT!

1 comment: