Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wonderful Meetings

I noticed that it has been a little bit since I wrote. I have been more than blessed by getting to watch the Broncos play. I am right now typing and watching the 3rd quarter of MNF. Someone here told me that the Broncos are now 6-0, so I know we won, but I don't know the score! WHAT A GAME!!!!

Anyway, I have had two weeks of meetings with young women and our youth group. It is exciting to see Majka become our youth group leader and to walk along side her as she is leading and loving our youth group. Last night we talked about clothing and why do we wear what we wear. At first glance, it may sound stupid, but then we went into our identity in Jesus and the heart that is more important than the clothes we wear. It was a great discussion!
For the past few weeks I have been meeting with Ania. This young woman has come from a really rough background, and yet her heart is bright with the love and strength of Jesus. Tears filled my eyes this Sunday as she completed her declaration of following Jesus, by being baptized. Our time is filled with drinking coffee, talking about life, learning how to study the Bible and prayer. I love this young lady! What is great too, is it is mostly done in broken POLISH! She understand enough English so when we need it, we break into it.
I must confess that I am still struggling with Polish, but little by little am getting it. I just wish I could wake up tomorrow and speak fluent Polish!!

No comments: