Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Physical Therapy

So, I got started with my Polish physical therapy yesterday. My insurance woes are all taken care of and I am good to go. Now all I have to do is get a Polish driver's license (new law) and I am fully part of Poland!

Therapy was very interesting. I sometimes think that this culture wants to get everyone used to being seen in their underwear! Ha! Ha! In order for the therapist to move my arm, my shirt had to be off. Weird. While this was happening. No fewer than 6 medical people came in to consult with my therapist. The interesting thing about it, is that no one looked at me. They were all very discrete in what I was not wearing! :) Part of this culture. They don't care what you are wearing or what you look like.

I have therapy every day this week. I have already gained 15ยบ more range of motion from just one session. The therapist, Tomek, is nice and speaks English. We had a great conversation about his life in America a few years ago and his view of the US medical system. I look forward to more conversations with him along with more good pain. Today I get to have magnetic therapy. I'll let you know how that one goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very kind comments on the lack of clothing. Something I loath every time I go for a check up!

Happy for the range of motion and of course, your discussions with your therapist - that's what you're great at!

Anonymous said...

oops - forgot to sign my name!

Heidi

diana robbins said...

I am sorry but the visual of that was far more than I could think about without laughing. Medical people are just that way. They are oblivious to a persons clothing or under clothing or their body. Just so long as you have the parts they need to work on or see. Strange.
So happy that they are getting you going with the PT.

Mom