Friday, August 24, 2007

Yes! There is Salsa in Poland!

Just when I thought I would have to go another year with no REAL Picante Sauce, I run into this little Mexican restaurant in POLAND of all places! It was a great little place in Cieszyn, Poland where I am doing my classes. I took the afternoon to get a good meal and study when I ran into this little place. It was complete with chips, chimichanga, yellow rice and hot salsa! The music was Mexican mariachi which only played 12 songs over and over, but it was great to have something a bit familiar.



This is just another way that God has been taking care of me in the midst of language course.
The other day as I was driving home, I realized that I have not taken multiple classes like this for almost 20 years! No wonder my head is ready to explode! :)
Well, tomorrow (Saturday) is the big test. I am going in seeing what I have learned, not what I can stuff in my head at the last minute. My teachers even encouraged that. They don't want high grades, but people who will be speaking Polish!

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement! They mean more than you know!


1 comment:

Tim said...

Yes for salsa! There's a Mexican restaurant right in Katowice...at least there was five years ago. You could ask the Hashes if it is still there. It's decent food,although the enchiladas have pasta sauce on them. Beware of the burrito's though...the one I had was nuclear. I teared up it was so hot. Glad you had a taste of home, sorta.