Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finishing Polish and a Pondering Bear

I am done with class except for Monday's "good-bye" class. My test yesterday was well, in one word . . . "masakra"! (disaster) At least that is what I felt as I walked out. I got a bit of Polish culture which I am not sure I like. We were given only 1 hour to answer 132 questions. Two questions were writing multiple sentences and writing a letter consisting of 80-100 words! Time ran out as I had only 20 words on the paper. I walked out feeling defeated and depressed.

Right after the written part of the test I went to the café to drink some coffee and calm my nerves. I still had the oral part of my test to go. I needed strength and courage from my Heavenly Father. As I drank my cappuccino, I got on my iPod to read some words of encouragement from Colassians. As I read, my heart captured chapter 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." This last month has been for HIM! Not my teachers, my fellow students, my teammates or even my supporters back home. I asked God to forgive me if there was even a hint of wanting to please any of them rather than HIM. With new perspective, I was ready to go on to the portion of my test. I have NEVER had an oral test before, so I was not sure what that was all going to be about. It turned out to be much better than my written test.

You might ask, Alice what is that picture for? Well, it displays what my heart says. When it all comes down to it, God is what matters. Worshiping Him is what I want to do! Even the bears sit and worship Him for the wonders of creation. God created me for his pleasure and to worship HIM!

One test, one disappointment, but ONE GOD who loves me beyond my understanding. He sees my heart, not my performance in Polish class.

I will look upon this picture though and remember WHO created language and worship Him as I speak this new tongue.

My act of worship will be speaking Polish as much as I can!

No comments: