Saturday, June 16, 2007

Where Stan Lee gets it, Disney Misses it

Today I took a break from Polish and went to go see The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I really liked it. Granted, it was NO Spider-Man, but Stan Lee understands that heroes have positive values and those values mean something. Like Spidey, this movie showed loyalty, bravery, friendship, making the right choice and that evil will fail in the end. I also liked the way that the characters grew from the last movie. It was refreshing.

Nothing new for Stan Lee, and I had hoped the same from Disney when they brought out Pirates 3. Gone are the days where Disney makes movies that teach positive values with their block busters. . . Walt would be very sad . . .

Stan Lee continues to show that you can teach positive values AND make money. I also LOVED his cameo! He always gets the good scenes. Too bad the Polish viewers did not understand why I laughed. :)


What was also exciting for me is that I understood more of the Polish subtitles this time around! I am learning Polish, mom! :)

No comments: