Monday, October 30, 2006

A Day of Remembrance

luth_wit-2006-10-30-06-22.jpg
Today our church remembered a very important day in history. On October, 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. I saw once again how God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things for His Kingdom and Glory.

This Theses spoke of how God's Word (the Bible) is Truth. Luther was an ordinary monk who found God and was used to share Truth. It makes me wonder who in my life could be the next Luther. . . will God use me? Luther valued the Bible and it drove him to challenge a church which was valuing tradition and duty rather than a relationship with God. Do I value the Bible like Luther did? Do I truly want to drink in His Word into my life?

Today's celebration reminded me that Sola Scriptura is the ONLY Truth. There is nothing outside of the Bible which holds the Word of God!

Thank you Lord for the Truth in your Word and the confidence of antiquity that proves that Christ's words are reliable!

No comments: