Monday, April 17, 2006

It was just a matter of time. . .

It was just a matter of time that I would be writing this entry in my blog. I am not sure if this is good or bad. . . My car was broken into Sunday morning. Nothing but the container for my radio face was taken. The container was empty because I have a secret hiding place for my faceplate! Ha! Ha! It was a very disappointing burglary because the only thing that they did was empty my Poland notes and Polish language bag. I KNOW they were not happy about that! :) Nothing was broken and my first reaction was. Well, I now have a blog entry with the title I was saving. Hey, am I surprised? NO! My car in the States was broken in AT CHURCH right before I left for here! So, It is official I am now a Poland statistic!


Another thing that happened to me today. . .Today is known as Wet Monday. The boys get to drench any woman walking on the sidewalk. Something about washing sins or something like that. Well, I was very careful to NOT be anywhere to get wet. I went home and this afternoon, my doorbell rang and I opened the door. My neighbors from upstairs smiled and said "Do you know what day it is? It is wet Monday, welcome to Poland!" and they shot me with water guns! It was GREAT! I am in! They took the time to include me in Polish tradition! Please pray for this relationship!

2 comments:

Dan Luebcke said...

Alice...you are right...it was only a matter of time! I'm happy to hear about the secret hiding place!

Also, great call on wet Monday! I am happy to hear that you are starting to feel like you aren't on vacation anymore, or even a short-term trip, but a part of that country's culture!

Anonymous said...

This stupid thing wont let me become a member. Anyway Hi Alice. Great to hear that I'm not the only one in the family that gets their car broken into. But you still have 3 more and the thing needs to get stolen before you catch up to me. Ha! Glad I trained you so well with hiding stuff but what's up with not getting back at the boys. I thought I taught you better then that. Well have fun but look through your peep hole first and see if they are smiling. Se ya Sis!