Thursday, October 02, 2008

Gramps and Grams would have loved yesterday!


Yesterday I got to do something I know my Gramps and Grams would have LOVED! Picking apples and then making cider! My dear friends and teammates, the Eiflings invited me to Iwona's family home in Skocz√≥w, about an hour south of me. Her dad has an apple orchard and we got the pick apples and then make cider! He had us go to a friend’s house to use his handmade apple cider press! It was a GREAT experience and I got to use more and more of my Polish! While we were "pressing", Daniel and I talked about our grandparents and how much we know they would have LOVED to be here and join in the fun. It was a great experience that I hope to repeat next year! The cider is like drinking pure apples!

1 comment:

Denver grandma said...

You are so right about G&G enjoying making cider. They were always a part of picking the fruit from your great grandfathers orchard. So much work but so much fun for all. I am so happy that you were able to be a part of such a special time. Nice of Daniel to ask you.

Mom