Friday, October 31, 2008

God is MOST Glorified. . . .



If you would have told me two years ago that these 4 young people would be singing this worship song in a church together, I would have sadly looked away and said, " I wish it could be true."

This is proof that God is much bigger than you or I! He calls people to himself and when He does and they respond, all they can do is worship Him! One of my favorite quotes from John Piper's Let the Nations Be Glad is:

“Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man… Worship, therefore, is the fuel and goal of missions. It’s the goal of missions because in missions we simply aim to bring the nations into the white-hot enjoyment of God’s glory. The goal of missions is the gladness of the peoples in the greatness of God… But worship is also the fuel of missions. Passion for God in worship precedes the offer of God in preaching… Missions begins and ends in worship."– p.17

These young adults are not worshiping God because some missionary "converted" them to a different way of thinking. They are worshiping because someone brought them into the "white-hot enjoyment of God's glory"! My goal here in Poland is to point to the ONLY ONE who is worthy of worship! I don't want to be known as a missionary, but as a "goal setter".
The goal: to live a live showing that "God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him."

In Poland, the goal is "God is most satisfied with you when you do everything that you need to do to satisfy Him." It is all about works here and to hear these young adults praise His name because of His glory, period, brings tears to my eyes!

I want to thank all of you who have prayed, supported and worshiped along side me during these last 3 years! This video is fruit of many long years of proclaiming God's glory! May His name be praised for ever and ever and ever more! Amen!

Tomorrow is All Saints Day. It is a VERY important event in Poland. Everyone will be at the cemeteries cleaning and setting up candles and flowers and when it is dark they will light the candles and start praying for their dead. Visually, the candles are beautiful, and yet there is a sad, hopeless, void that stirs in my soul. Is this it for this people? They never really know what their final destination is and the dead rely on the living to pray them to Heaven. Tomorrow I will post pictures as I go to the main Basilica cemetery for pictures and prayer for those who are lost and living. I even hope to open conversation with my neighbors about the day. Please pray with me and for me tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Are those ZG folks? It looks kinds like Alex and Boris and some kid whose name I can't remember.

Where was this taken?

Anonymous said...

Jen, It was taken back in May, at Lutheran Church in Zielona Gora. Alex, Borys, Grzesiek (he sings at church now) and I were singing together at 10th Christian Music Festival, which was dedicated to Pastor Swirydziuk (Marta & Ania's dad) who started it. Greetings from Maryland :)