Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Day of Anticipation!


It is the 23rd today and I am in Bielsko Biala, Poland. I have been invited to spend Christmas with the Carlson's! It has already been a joyous time. They have two wonderful girls who could not wait to have me come and have fun with them. It has been so long since I have spent Christmas with kids, that I look forward to this one with great anticipation to watch their eyes light up with the excitement as they receive things that they never thought would be possible!

As I think about that, it causes me to think about my Heavenly Father who constantly gives me things that in some ways is impossible and yet He does it. His love is given to me even though I have not deserved it. The Christmas celebration is all because of His love. The world wants to make it all about good will and the jolly old man who wears a strange outfit, but even his beginnings is based off of the love of God!

"Saint Nicholas of Myra is the primary inspiration for the Christian figure of Santa Claus. He was a 4th century Christian bishop of MyraLycia, a province of the Byzantine Anatolia, now in Turkey. Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes. He was very religious from an early age and devoted his life entirely to Christianity. In Europe (more precisely the Netherlands, Belgium, AustriaGermany) he is still portrayed as a bearded bishop in canonical robes. " - Wikapeida


A few thousand years ago, a baby was born to a virgin and her husband. They named him Jesus and that baby grew up, lived a perfect life, died and rose again on the third day. He was, is and will forever be the Son of God! He came, lived, died and rose for our sins! Thank you, Lord.

I have watched the Carlson girls check out the gifts under the tree and have found myself wondering if I look to Jesus everyday with that kind of anticipation and wonder. . .

May this season be one of great reflection, rest and joy for you and your family! May this next year bring you closer to the One who makes life possible and wondrous!


No comments: