Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Time, Means Youth Group Gathering!

Our group at our Christmas Outreach party!
I wanted to let you in on a little secret . . . I cannot do all nighters any more!  Yeah, I know, you are SHOCKED, but alas, this night owl must say nightie-nite, at 2:30am, or I am useless for days!  It used to be that I could do the whole youth group all nighter with no problem. . . but I am not sure if it is my age or if I am just a bit smarter than I used to be . . .

We had a WONDERFUL time just having out on Friday night and playing games.  One of our activities was  also a very meaningful one.  Sara, put together a prayer labyrinth with stations that reflected all of the things that we have been learning this semester about living a life IN Christ.  It was special.  I left after midnight, I can't remember when, to go and "make" brown sugar for cookie baking the next morning.

When I got back to the "party" at 9 am, I walked in only to find that the kids just got to bed at 8:30 am.  We had breakfast, worship and then it was cookie baking and Christmas decoration making time!

Saturday afternoon was filled with preparing for our Christmas Party Outreach!  What fun!  We had around 20 kids!  TONS of cookies and Jacob (Hash) read the Nativity story while having everyone in the group act it out! He then took a few moments to bring in the reason for Christmas and it was a beautiful way of sharing Truth and challenging each student to consider following that Truth.

We were tired at the end, but oh, what fun!  God was there and kids were blessed and I went to bed tired and grateful for all that God had done not only in the kid's hearts but in mine as well.  What a wonderful Christmas present!

No comments: