Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Prince Caspian in Polish!

Today I got a treat! I saw CoN: Prince Caspian in a special screening for teachers! It was a way to share Jesus' love with teachers who impact so many youth. One small problem though, it was the dubbed version.

So I sat in the theater watching this wonderful movie in a language that I am just starting to get a handle on. It was a great exercise for me and since I know the story, it was easy to follow.

I loved it! Even in a different language. I would not take young kids to it though. It is more violent and Peter, Susan, and Edmund are shown fighting more and even killing during the battle sequences. I will see the English version as soon as it comes here and then can give a full opinion.

What I really liked was the material that was given out before the movie and the testimony that a respected professor gave of how Jesus changed his life. It was very touching and God was glorified!

The bible verse that was in the material was:

"Ja jestem drogą i prawdą i życziem. Nikt nie przychodzi do Ojca tylko przeze Mnie." Jan 14,6

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

It struck me that in this life, and culture (American included) it is so easy to find other ways to God. Even when we follow and believe. Do I live everyday in front of my neighbors as if Jesus is the ONLY option to God? I hope I do.

No comments: