Friday, September 28, 2007

What are you up to, Lord?

Try to hear my voice or this entry will not make much sense:


I was all ready for her. Today, I was to get my first roommate! One I had been thinking and praying about. I went out and bought a bed (which I needed anyway) and got her room ready. Thursday afternoon, I got the call. "Aleese, I am so, so sorry, but I found a place that is closer to my school. Your place would take me over an hour and I need that time for studies." Of course I said, "I am sad, but that is okay." We had talked about the possibility of her moving after a few weeks or months if she found a place, but before she even moved in?? :) Wow!

So I sit here in my office, which was to be her room typing this blog. My mind has been thinking one thought for the past 24 hours, "God, what do you have in store for me? I thought this was what you wanted. Is there someone who needs my place more than this young woman? What is up your sleeve?" I smile, because I know God has no sleeves. :)

Have you ever wondered why plans change so suddenly even after you were sure they would happen? I wonder. I pray that God will open my eyes to the things He has for me.


Weather report: Today is rainy, cool and rainy. A typical fall day in Poland. . . ugg! Reports are that is gets worse and darker sooner as winter comes. Ahh!

No comments: