Monday, November 14, 2005

Friends all over the world!

IMG_0516c-2005-11-14-03-41.jpg
Typically, I only get to hear Polish is Poland, but not this last week!

I had the honor of welcoming a dear friend from Poland. Aga is from Zielona Gora and was in between au pair jobs, so she visited Jen Roseman and I. We had a GREAT time showing Aga the sights of Denver and the mountains! Can anyone say Beau Jos? It was GREAT! It blows me away to think that the next time Jen Aga and I will be together will be over a year from now. It fact that I am really leaving my family and friends is really starting to hit me.

When I decided to follow God’s calling to go to Poland, I knew that the cost was going to be great and that friends and family would be the number one sacrifice for me. This week made it very real to me. At the same time though, I was able to talk to one of my team mates in Poland and even though I am giving up life here, I have a great family and group of friends waiting for me in Poland!

1 comment:

Pat R said...

Hi Alice!

You've had a taste of this before, so I don't have to tell you how hard it is to be away from those you love the most. When you get to Poland, perhaps we'll be able to visit each other now and then and we can comfort one another. :-)

I love you,
Pat